Pool parties are fun ways to relax and socialize with friends and family. We will be happy to provide well-trained lifeguards for your after-hours pool parties.
Most neighborhoods and clubs require that you notify them before booking a lifeguard. Booking a lifeguard with SwimAtlanta does not mean that you have reserved the actual pool facility. Please contact your the board of directors to get their approval and reservation of the facility before arranging for the lifeguard.
We cannot provide lifeguard supervision for pools/communities not currently managed by SwimAtlanta Pool Management-Gwinnett.
If your pool is managed by SwimAltlanta, you must notify us of any party that you are planning on hosting whether or not a lifeguard is required.
- Pool parties must be scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance.
- Pool Party Request Forms must be completed and received by the SwimAtlanta office to be scheduled.
- You must also contact your neighborhood pool chairperson/property management company to inform them of your party.
- A pool party is not confirmed until you receive a phone call from the SwimAtlanta office.
- The party sponsor is responsible for helping clean up after the party.
- Due to insurance requirements, there are absolutely no exceptions on the number of lifeguards per party. The total number of attendees includes everyone attending the party, not the estimated number of swimmers.
You must call (678) 985-4030 and give at least 24 hours notice of a canceled party to avoid charges. Please call for any cancellation, including inclement weather.
Rate: $25.00 per guard per hour
$50.00 (if alcohol is permitted)
Special Circumstances Requiring Additional Staffing/Costs:
- One (1) additional lifeguard is required for any party involving teenagers, college-age people, or parties involving alcohol.
- For a party involving children, the party sponsor must have one adult chaperone for every 10 children under age of 18
- If additional clean-up time is required, party sponsor is responsible for paying the lifeguards for the additional clean-up time (i.e., 2 lifeguards for 30 minutes of clean-up time = cost $22.00).
How Many Lifeguards Do You Need?
Number Attending Party EXTRA Lifeguards Required
101+ 4 or more*
*Based on number attending party
Steps to Determine Pool Party Cost:
You are having a pool party from 1pm-3pm and will have 35 people. Following the chart above, you will need two additional lifeguards.
- Number of additional lifeguards required = 2
- Cost per lifeguard hour = $25.00
- Total price per hour for two lifeguards = $50.00
- Number of hours for the pool party = 2
- Total cost of lifeguards..$50/hr. x 2 hrs. = $100.00
Pool Party Policy for After-Hours Children’s Pool Party:
After-hours pool parties are high-risk events and in our commitment to the safety of pool patrons, we have made some modifications to our Pool Party Policy involving children. These changes are being made based on our experience and at the recommendation of Dr. Tom Griffiths, who is one of the pool industry’s leading safety experts and Safety Advisor to our company.
For all After-Hours Pool Parties involving children 12 years old and younger, Lifeguards will conduct a Pool Party Orientation at the start of the party, before anyone is allowed in the pool. The Orientation will include:
- Show all participants the areas they need to be more aware of, such as deep ends or areas the pool may transition quickly to deeper water.
- Show participants where the No Diving Areas are located.
- Go over the rules for your specific facility.
- Show participants where the emergency telephone is located.
- Show participants where the bathrooms are located.
- Conduct a swim test to identify non-swimmers. A child must be able to swim the width of the pool without stopping or touching the bottom to pass the test. If a child is determined to be a non-swimmer, then they must:
- Wear a Coast Guard Approved life jacket, which is not provided by us, or
- Be accompanied by an adult in the water at all times, or
- Stay out of the pool.
It will be the Pool Party Host’s responsibility, since the Lifeguard will have to be watching the swimmers in the pool, to conduct the Pool Party Orientation for all late arriving participants and assist the Lifeguard in conducting the swim test prior to late arrivals joining the party. And also, to help insure that all non-swimmers are wearing a Coast Guard approved life jacket (not provided), or are accompanied by an adult in the pool, or do not go in the pool.
We hope you understand that this policy is to protect the children at your party. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may feel from these policy changes. However, we’re sure you will have a greater peace of mind from the additional precautions for this higher risk event involving your children.
NOTE: If a party is requested with less than 7 days notice, there will be a non-refundable $25 administration fee added to your total.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.